“Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program” of Zhejiang University 2020
Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
I. Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarship
1. Coverage of the scholarship:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Note: For more detailed information, please view web page of at website of CSC .
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship.
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Master's Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency have not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning (refer to section III below), they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
II. When and How to Apply
Application deadline: March 31st 2020
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer to section V below) to the Office of Admissions (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, by post or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
Please note the winter break is from January 18th 2020 to February 20th 2020, Application materials received during the above-mentioned time period will be processed after the beginning of the new semester.
Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
III. Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2. Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have master's degree.
- Applicants for master's degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor's degree. （Applicants with Bachelors' Degree Diplomas obtained from or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.）
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
6. Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
7. Language proficiency requirements:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
IV. Choices of Specialties
Click here to find the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List.
Click here to find the 2020 English-instructed Doctoral Degree Programs List.
Click here to find the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List of Medicine College
Click here to find the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List.
Click here to find the 2020 English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs List.
Click here to find the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List of Medicine College
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor .
V. Application Materials
Applicants must provide the following materials. The application materials are in duplicate and each copy is bind in the following order:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
2. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first ,then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
3. A photocopy of passport.
4. Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master's degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
7. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
8. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
9. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
10. (filled in English). The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
11. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (if applicable)
All application materials should be submitted to the Admissions Office of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person by the deadline. The envelope of application package should be marked “Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019”. The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Note: After receiving the application materials, the university will check applicant’s information and process the application viaCSC Online Application System for Study in China. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.
VI. Admission and Notification
1. Zhejiang University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants' competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. The name list of the scholarship awardees for postgraduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review within the specified time period according to CSC’s provisions .
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in July 2020 and Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent to them in late July or early August 2020.
1. Scholarship students' affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status. If students fail in Annual Review, their scholarship will be terminated.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3. For scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery, expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4. The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
5. For other requirements and contents of Chinese Government Scholarship, please visit the web site of China Scholarship Council .
VIII. Contact Information
Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Post Code: 310058
Tel: +86 571 87951537
Fax: +86 571 87951755
Note: Please pay close attention to the web site of International College for changes and update of information.